FAQs Intensive Courses

Registration and Visa

What are the participation requirements?

The minimum age is 18 years (at the beginning of classes). There is no maximum age limit.


How can I register?

You can register for the courses online on our website. After completing and sending the online registration, you will receive a confirmation email with a summary of your booking and the payment details. Payment is due within one week after registration. Your course place is only guaranteed upon receipt of the course fee(s).


How can I pay?

Payment is via bank transfer. The bank details and your booking reference number are included in the confirmation email. Payment is due within one week after registration (at the latest 3 days prior to the beginning of classes). If we have not received your payment by that deadline, your registration will be cancelled automatically.


Do I need a visa?

For visa regulations, please check the website of the Federal Foreign Office

Important: Most visa applications take between 6 weeks to 3 months to be processed. You will need to submit documentation of your medical insurance and the original copy of your course participation confirmation (no e-mail or fax) with your visa application. So please make sure that you register early enough.


Do I get a participation confirmation/visa letter for my visa application?

Once we have received payment of your course fee(s), we are happy to issue a participation confirmation for visa purposes. We will send the original copy of the participation confirmation with regular mail (no tracking available). Depending on which country your are from, delivery might take up to 3 weeks. If you would like to have the letter sent to you with express delivery at your expense, please let us know.


Do I need medical insurance?

Yes, medical insurance for the duration of your stay in Germany is mandatory. The course organiser does not provide medical insurance for you. 


Language Classes

Is there a placement test? /How does course allocation work?

Course allocation is based on your chosen language level. Final course allocation will be determined in the beginning of classes.


Where do classes take place?

Classes take place in university venues. Detailed information is provided with the class schedule.


Is attendance mandatory?

Yes, attendance is mandatory in all classes. If you miss more than 20% of classes, a certificate cannot be issued.


What happens if I miss class?

If you cannot attend classes, you need to submit a medical certificate from a doctor. Please also inform the course organisers (e-mail, telephone) of your absence.


Final Exam / Language Examinations

What will be final exam be like?

There is a final exam at the end of each course. The final exam comprises four parts: listening comprehension, reading comprehension, grammar/vocabulary, writing. Dictionaries are not allowed. The final exam is no substitute for an official language examination.



What happens if I do not pass the final exam?

If you do not pass the final exam, you will receive a participation confirmation.


Can I take a language examination (DSH, TestDaF)?

The Universität Würzburg GmbH does not offer any language examinations at the moment. Our course certificates are no substitute for an official language examination. The official language examinations (DSH, TestDaF etc.) are offered by certified test centres. Registration for the official language examinations is directly at the respective test centre.


Costs and Funding

Do you offer scholarships?

The course organiser itself does not offer any scholarships. For more information on funding opportunities please check here


Am I allowed to work while doing the language course?

Regulations regarding work permits differ depending on the type of visa you have and which country you are from. Please check with the embassies or the local foreigners' office.



Does the course organiser provide accommodation?

Accommodation cannot be provided. Please make your own accommodation arrangements. We are happy to provide information material - just get in touch with us!


Life in Würzburg

Do I get a a student ticket for public transport?

During the language course, you are not enrolled as an official student at the university. Therefore, you cannot obtain the discounted student ticket. The local public transport company may offer discounts for monthly tickets, for which we are happy to issue participation confirmations. Further informations on tickets types and discounts are available at the local public transport company.


Which payment methods are accepted in German shops?

In small shops (e.g. bakery) you will need to pay in cash. Larger shops and supermarkets usually accept debit cards. Not all shops accept credit cards, though.


Am I allowed to work in Germany?

For all questions regarding visa and work permits please contact the local Foreigners' Office and/or the German Embassy.

Your question has not been answered?

Please contact us: info@deutschkurs-uni.de or +49 (0)931 31-86590